A2O = Access to Opportunity
The SMU Office of Engaged Learning invites you to join A2O Mentoring, the distinguished mentoring program at SMU. Powered by Chronus, A2O Mentoring provides a space for SMU students to connect with mentors at SMU and in the Dallas community.
Our mentors guide students through a variety of research and entrepreneurial projects, along with providing guidance for anything from career development to the first-generation experience.
Introducing yourself for the first time can be intimidating. A2O Mentoring is here to make it easier.
Each member (student or mentor) makes a profile, and the software makes suggestions based on mutual interests. After you connect, A2O can help you set meetings and goals for short and long-term mentoring relationships.
Are you looking for a mentor? Do you want to be a mentor? Join today!
How can a mentor help me?
- GROW professional networks
- LEARN to navigate collegiate challenges
- DEVELOP your leadership skills
- EXPLORE opportunities and build your career path
Why should I be a Mentor?
- DEVELOP feedback and critical thinking skills
- GROW your network in the professional landscape
- ADVANCE your leadership skills
- SUPPORT your alma mater through service
“The delicate balance of mentoring someone is not creating them in your own image, but giving them the opportunity to create themselves.” — Steven Spielberg